Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Poem: Battle Prayers

And I woke up in a chill
The night before now
Tossing and turning
Finding no comfort
Wondering for loss of sleep
Curled-up, flat-out
On my back and to my stomach
No relief...
And asked, why?
His only word was pray
There was a war going on for you
For your heart and mind
Battling against lies
Condemnation, identity, relationships
All lies
Before I laid to sleep
“The enemy shall not outwit him, Nor the son of wickedness afflict him”
I laid in rest
And awoke to the chill of night
Called to pray
Standing apart but beside you
Praying in battle until those retreated
My head and body could rest
In the morn hours later
I prayed again
Allowed to see your heart
“I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart”
Pushing the world away
Fear of failure
Not enough
If only...comparisons unending...
But until the battle is over
And as His Spirit gives me strength
I'll wield the sword in full armor
Knowing you are His child
Sending up battle prayers
Like He did in days of old
'Til you are full ware
Of the power bestowed unto you

No comments: