Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Poem: Longing

So I stared my deepest longing
In the face of what has not happened
This desire to nurture burns in me
This untapped spring of love
Wants to burst
And all I can do is sob
Over what people take for granted
Over the miracle that happens every day
Multiple times a day
Where only microscopes can tell of
Tiny miracles that grow into life size beings
I sob into the arms of my God
Calling out the one desire
That has not been met
The one desire
That I don't take lightly
Or haphazardly
The desire that has masked itself in alluring veils
Of other people
Lesser men
Years discerning what is true and what is false
To find my deepest desire still unmet
Despite my heart consistently ravished and adored
By its Creator
I was not meant to hoard this gift
Keep this love locked up and hidden
Where tears find their prostrate state
And voiceless longings find their words
Where I slip into a frame of the future
Where I am laying there
My child drifting off into oblivion
Nursing in my arms
And you lay there on the other side
Of our miracle
Touching my face and stealing a moment
Where our lips meet
And the peace of everything answered
Surpasses this current and momentary loneliness...

2 comments:

Big Dave said...

wow.
that resonated within me as if i wrote it myself.
every word meant for me to hear.
thank you.
sincerely, your work is good.

just a brother in christ,
-David Reagan-

(for some of my poems:
http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=569210821&notes_tab=app_2347471856)

K.L said...

Thanks Dave, I checked into some of your stuff and you're quite good yourself. Our styles are very similar which is interesting. It kind of makes me chuckle a bit, because when I read some of your stuff I'm think, "Yup, that sounds like me." I see you're into photography too. For the past year, I've had this idea boiling in my mind/heart concerning poetry and photography. Maybe we'll have to talk more later. Thanks for making the connection as good modern poets are a very rare find - especially poets that love photography and God.

~Kyera