Monday, October 31, 2011

Poem: Blind

Waking rage
Scathing mental letters
Knowing all wrong
Rising before the sun
Running, clearing my mind
Angry remaining faultless
Honesty breaking bare before God
Exposing what I thought to shelter
To only find I am really all the blame
A year of not listening
Not understanding the pull
The nagging tug of strings
How I asked what you wanted me to
How I prayed asking forbidden questions
To questions I had already received answers
Kisses opened locked doors
While sweet words created haze of clear
How could it have not been God
Wanting for years?
Years of telling Him in secret
What we both later outwardly desired
Forgetting how you wouldn't see or understand depths
The most beautiful disguised and hidden
Because you walk with your back half turned
Regretfully I compromised walking another way
Never knowing love
For our hearts belong to others
And not in the hands of each other
How foreign and painful
How blind...

No comments: