Sunday, January 15, 2012

Poem: Honesty Collided with Hope

Sometimes it is easier to undo things
Whereas others it seems forever
I think back and I regret leaving
Politely refusing an embrace before departing north
Wondering if we could have avoided
The difficulty of a separate state
I think of the times you gently tried to speak up
When I doubted relations aside from you
Trying to shed light on your truth
But I was too stubborn and independent
Believing things simply untrue of you and I
While now you're miles away
And I struggle to tell you things
Buried far deep and beautiful
Things that run parallel with things I believe
Yet have never fully experienced
How well I hide my heart when I shouldn't
How shy I've always really been
Because you never were just anyone else
And now I just pray that it's not too late...

No comments: