Friday, March 23, 2012

Poem: Echo


For life, I stood in a cavern
Thinking that I knew love
Being a light for others to find freedom
An old soul for the comfort and confidence of others
Yet while uttering the deepest parts in me
Only echos of solitude would return
Flickers of candle light would tease my periphery
To only be mirages of romance
If only I had known to turn sooner
To turn and walk away from the echoing cavern
I would have seen a divine horizon
Where greens are greener
And blue is a color to be lost in
How soon I would have dove to the deepest parts
Of this reality of love
I will spend my life discovering it and its intricacies
With a soul as kindred as yours
How wonderful is this to no longer hear echos
But to experience love's reality with a man such as you...

No comments: