Time ticks too quickly, yet I remember
As if yesterday the sun flooded the chattering river
My shirt a make-shift pillow under your dark hair
How you held me while the sun covered us
And I listened to a heart of strong Irish heritage
All at once time stood perfect
Or how your eyes shimmered in the night sky
When there was no sight of light
How life story upon story resonated
An uncanny kindredness of heart and mind
Or how the moment we met we just somehow knew
We were free to speak the unspoken
Hour upon hour almost until sunrise our voices
Never running out of truths to speak
How easily smiles and laughter filled time
Or the ache the indescribable pain to be far away
How we would cry the day after separation
And dreams spoke to us in ways unlike before
Hour upon hour building what I knew in my heart
To be more real than any prior perception
But now, how is it that time slips from me
We became just a memory...
No comments:
Post a Comment