I'm probably a little late in posting this, but last Monday (8/07/2006)I broke-up with my longtime boyfriend, Antoine. We didn't yell and nothing was said out of anger and heated emotions. Even in leaving each other romantically, we were kind, not fake but truly kind with each other. We agreed to be friends with the knowledge that we would never be together again. It's a little strange when you're the one breaking-up and have tears streaming from your face and the only thing the one you've just left can do is hug you. But that's how things happened... My tears were because it hurt to hurt him. But the peace of knowing that God looks out for the best of everyone has since transcended my then momentary sadness. I'm excited for what God's going to do in Antoine's life and it cool to know that I'll be able to witness parts of it as a friend. I'm also very excited for what God's doing in my life.
Just recently, I started volunteering in my church's student ministry and feel like I'm finally starting to understand my part in the body of Christ at Bay Area Community Church. In years past, I've done a lot of work internationally and nationally with children and teens; but I wasn't sure what God needed me for in MD. When I came to MD in May 2005, there was soooo much adjusting that I needed to do. I moved to a place where I had only 2 friends (including Antoine) and no family; where the pace of life was drastically different than where I grew-up (PA) and where I had just come from (Kenya). In short, I went through a whole lot of reverse culture shock; church shopped for 8 months; adjusted to a huge school (40,000) and in turn felt kind of stranded and a little out of sorts in how I fit-in. So now that the shock of multiple, drastic life changes is over; it's great to be seeing things come together. Long live the teens and the King in them :)
~Kyera
P.S. I've been a little lazy with putting my picture on this site a recent picture should be up soon. Until later, toodles...
1 comment:
Change is hard. But having a solid foundation in the mist of that change does make things easier. I am glad that the Lord has made it easier for you as you have just met with him.
PS: Waiting for that picture to appear too
Post a Comment