Friday, August 3, 2007

Poem: Why I Came Back

At an alter across oceans
With silence amidst a foreign tongue
Opportunity knocking
Prosperity of young age put forth
Professor, University
Twenty-one
One word...university
And I came back for you
He said I would better serve Him
And love Him
Dear students I came back for you
Needing better tools to serve and empower
I came back for you Isaac, Audra, and Cala
Loving you long before you have known my womb
And I came back for you, my dear husband
Long before you saw me walk down that isle to you
As your wife I have loved you second only to God
At an alter many years ago across many oceans
I kneeled in silence amidst a foreign tongue
For His love and His kingdom
He lead me to you with a heart enlarged with love
He lead me to you...

No comments: