Thursday, September 6, 2007

Poem: Not Just Here

I found the following poem amidst a folder on my PDA that I'd forgotten about. It was written quite a while ago (1/13/2006), but I thought it would be a nice one to share here.

Not Just Here

I am here

I am there, but I am not everywhere

In the mid-day gloom, tufts of copper and gold say adieu

To the barren yet beautiful apple branches

Sound is whirring around me

Birds, cars, air, my breath, my heart

I can hear the little nuances of this town, but am I really..............here?

A voice is calling a new name

Somehow I know it's just mine

Brought by pillars of marble

Clothed in white I stand

I am home as music floods the air

Free from the fetters and curse of Eve

Despair has been dethroned

No more tears ever

I am here, but not actually

There is where I'll always be.

No comments: