Saturday, October 9, 2010

Poem: Same Sky

Tapes have stopped
Repeating lies of my past
And I look at you
Over the expanse of the sky
Wondering...
Maybe we're looking at the same stars
And if I'm not the only one missing this
The beautiful reality that was
Being painted before our eyes
Before all became hazy and cold
Where a Voice became muffled, almost muted
For once
Where things were clearer
And hopes were higher
Where I knew you
Without your fortress built so high
I sometimes wonder if there is love
That has just been overcast by fear
I wonder if we will ever see each other
For who we really are...
The man and woman that God is building
Strong and beautiful
Resilient and patient
Kind and enduring
I've since understood why my prayers went unanswered before
When I would beg God for things that weren't good
Why ten years would have to pass
Before I could hear what I'd tried to hear about others
The enemy is quite cruel
And has deceived my past too
Crashing my heart against the crags of what I thought was love
But it wasn't love at all
Because if God is love
And we are in Him
Nothing can fail
Because Love doesn't fail...
So there is no reason to listen
Lies we've hoped in for safety that have wounded us more
To my lie that I am just another beautiful woman
That will mean nothing to you
That your old players' jig will no longer make sense
That you can have a woman and have her mean nothing
Love doesn't fail and it doesn't lie
For too long we've listened to lies
No more..
No more..
May the heart now find room to breathe and speak
Without muted tones or muffled truths
If God's voice could be heard in a heart
Now would be a better time than ever..

No comments: