Monday, October 18, 2010

Poem: Swept Away and Easy

The temptation
Is to go along with the flow
Where you are lingering
Swept along with the undertow
And take in some water
To briefly let go
Of who I am
And what I've stood for
Guarded with my life
Once I lost that woman
In the crowd
Of beautiful people
With beautiful bodies
And intoxicating habits
That girl was
Hotter than others in a crowd
Effortless double takes
Rarely staying with the same person
More than a song
Owning the VIP's
Body to body surfing
With no string wanted
False numbers
Sure I'll give you my number
If you want to dance one more time, daddy
And sometimes false names
Sure you can call me Kate, baby
People who loved me didn't know
And I hid better than you
Without a single trace
Of where I'd been the night before
My church was still home
My church friends were still there
But only as much as I let them

No comments: