The holidays are getting tiresome
Without knowing you
And I hear words about you
Not knowing if we're already acquainted
Or you're some strange and distant one
I hear love songs and I want to turn them off
I try to talk with God
About what it would be like
If you weren't out there
I know that I am entirely complete in Him
But I have told Him
I feel like I am missing out on something
A piece of what heaven may be like
Here on earth
Because without you
I will never know what
It is like to grow old with someone
To wake up and smile next to the same person year after year
To explore God's beauty with someone else
Or to pray at His feet with you
Our children will never know their mother's voice
Or their father's laughter
Silly home videos will never be taped
And worshipful voices and instruments will never fill our home
And God knows I hate to be so transparent
But knowing this life without you
Will be a small taste of hell
For now I still keep hope in tact
Though there is a night here and there
Where I cry into the arms of God
I will continue running after Him
Because it's the only thing I really know how to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment