There are things
I've told no one but only
Whispered at night
As I drift off to sleep
Not too far from you
I have told Him of my heart
Over the years in private
When I could not even tell you
But the things I "heard" about others
Time has proven false
I have come to question the stability of such things
Since even those with such "words" have ended in divorce
How can I weigh such things greater
Than what I see and years have proven true?
What I know in my mind and in my heart
To consistently line-up with what I read in His Word
Love is patient, love is kind, love is...
And I was foolish enough to never really even recognize
The qualities that have kept "us" in tact
Despite whatever life storm has thrown our way
The foundation of us never left nor moved
Through friendship or more our foundation never truly shook
Though we bend to the need of each other as life sees fit
Our foundation never changes
I wish I'd only recognized this truth sooner
But even now I am grateful...
No comments:
Post a Comment