I have to admit that I've been wondering how much life seems to be a crap shoot. Nothing seems guaranteed especially when love comes into question. We all seem to be in search of something deeper, more pure, more perfect that will quench that longing rooted deep within our humanity. Yes, God can and does satisfy that longing. But He's the only one that's perfect. I guess I can say that I've given up on looking for some romantic golden calf. In the process of finding some middle ground between what I've always dreamed of and what is realistic while still being mindful of my dreams.
In the here and now where visibility and tactile senses are in want of something palpable, religion seems to lack the ability to fulfill all that the heart longs after. That's why we were built for relationship and not religion. I guess I've just been around too much "religion" lately to really want to talk along religious lines. But if you know me well, you'll know me well enough to know that I'm never really up for talking along "religious" lines. Now talking about relationship with God is a totally different cause. However,I do know at the root, beneath all the religious garbage that the world bombards us with, there is truth. So I'm still in search of truth trying to figure out how much of life happens by chance if any of it does at all. Still trying to find beauty and truth amidst a heap of flaws, myself included... Or maybe I'm just trying to find truth inside of the flaws rather than out.
Learning how to love people more where they are is a good thing...
P.S. On the video bar to your right is a Cuban Jazz group called Buena Vista Social Club. If you're up for something a little different, check it out :)
1 comment:
Buena Vista Social Club...cool!
Post a Comment