You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
you have stolen my heart
with one glance of your eyes,
with one jewel of your necklace. (Song of Songs 4:9)
I'm still trying to get my mind/heart around the idea of Him being captivated by me. It's easy to love someone Who's created the whole universe and knows you in and out, but getting my mind and heart around the idea of Him saying that I have "stolen" His heart and that He is captivated by me is a whole other mental galaxy. Me, the one who's made so many mistakes and still wrestles with this filthy crap called sin... Rather than continuing on with Proverbs, I think I need go back and meditate on Song of Songs more. I need to better understand His love for me. And not only understand it but accept it...
And along with these thoughts I leave you with this question from an old song I used to listen to by Tori Amos called "Winter." As I listen, I believe He's asking me, you, all of us...."When you gonna make up your mind? When you gonna love you as much as I do?"
3 comments:
Hi. I thought you might like this song. It came to me just lately and I find it very comforting. I hope you will too.
In His time, in His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time
Lord, please show me every day, as You're teaching me Your way
That You do just what You say, in His time
In Your time,
in Your time
You make all things beautiful in Your time
Lord, my life to You I bring,
may each song I have to sing
Be to You a lovely thing,
in Your time
There is one thing that I recall about God's love and I feel you already know. This love is so far beyond our experience that it will take God Himself to enable us to partake in this love...this agape love. As with most spiritual matters God has created a situation where the best that He has for us requires submission to a closer relationship with Him through Christ. There is no other way.
True, very true.
Post a Comment