I can suffice to say this last year has by far been the hardest in my adult years. Never before have I cried so much, prayed so much, or fasted so much. I am still processing it all. One thing I can say is that this season is coming to an end. Learning from the bad and leaving it behind and taking along with me the good, I press on. God stopped a wrong, rebound relationship before it went too far. He enabled me to carve out a lot of time to sit before His face despite a busy school and work schedule. Getting back on track and breaking down a lot of wrong patterns of thought concerning Him and others has also happened. God made sure to make things so that I could do nothing but run and seriously cling to Him. Despite how hard all of this has been, I can say that I've needed it all. Will I make the same mistakes I've made, HECK NO! This desert has been a learning experience to say the least.
Some Major Lessons Learned
1) Never, ever leave someone you love when God's made it clear to both of you that He wanted your relationship. No matter how much doubt and/or hurt you wrestle with, press into God and He will make things clear. Stick to the commitments/vows you made before Him and trust Him with the situation. And don't be blind to the fact that the Devil would absolutely love to wreck anything good that God has planned. When it comes to relationships, doubt seems to be the enemy's favorite tool of division.
2) Don't block God off from any area of your life and take the attitude of "It's okay, God. I got this. You can take care of the rest." No matter how hurt an area of life may seem and you feel like you've been betrayed in that area (maybe even by God Himself), it will only hurt 20,000 times more with God not being there. It will also open wide so many other doors that trust me you don't want to be open. Keep the doors of your heart open to God in all areas, not just a chosen few.
Closing thoughts
Well, these are just a few thoughts for today. I'm trying to restrict my online time so I can get some needed packing done today as I'm moving on Thursday. Thank you for visiting and taking time out of your busy day to read this post. I hope that it resonates with you in some way. But if not, I pray that God would touch your heart and you would let Him touch it in a very special and intimate way that only you would recognize.
Much love and prayer,
Kyera
No comments:
Post a Comment