Since Memorial Day weekend and two very fun and relaxing trips to the beach, I've come back feeling rejuvenated and yet bare at the same time. I've had a few revelations on things that I thought were but were not and have gotten a sobering taste of reality over the past couple of weeks.
But more than anything, I have been gathering the pieces of me. Returning from a vacation/trip away from God, I come back more grateful and with eyes wide open. Recognizing the things that wounded for what they really are versus the rose colored perception I chose. And more importantly, I've been humbled by the deeper realization that I don't have it "all together" even when society patted me on the back and said I did. Side note: Don't you hate that weight of society that tells you you're not normal if you don't have it all together? I wish the NY Times and Washington Post would write an article about how it is not cool to try to keep up with the Jones'. But then again, how would they make their money? And then again, I guess the newspaper (or web page depending on how you read the news) is the best advertiser that no one has it all together.
So I return here, beautifully broken and gathering the pieces of what He said I am and will be. I am gathering the pieces of my freedom...
1 comment:
Hey babe. Interesting post... give me a call later so we can catch up!
Catch a hug!!
Post a Comment