I've recently been weighing my reality and my dreams to in turn get a better grasp of the dreams that can very well become a reality and let go of those dreams that were never meant to be. Slowly getting rid of unrealistic expectations that I've placed upon myself is one of those things I'm working on. I am really my own worst critic and perfectionism is truly an albatross not worth carrying around for any longer. It's not to say that I'm going to settle, stop having goals, or stop striving to reach my full potential here in this life, but I am getting a better taste of reality and that I can't have "it" all. The "it" being the perfect life with the perfect future while being the perfect person. So, I'm getting a better grasp of who I really am, really, really flawed.
I guess the wrestle with perfectionism links back to wrestling with the whole superwoman complex I briefly mentioned in my last post. I thought that I had gotten rid of it years ago, but recently I've noticed that there are still traces of it. The part that expects myself to be perfect is that part that still remains. The part that expected others to be perfect exited me years ago. And again, there couldn't be a better season to deal with all of this. The season of gaining a better understanding and acceptance of me and my flaws.
On a more positive note, there are some really cute kids around right now that have given me my first ear-to-ear smile of the day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment