Gathering things
Letting go the pieces of ruins past
And gathering the sediment of me
No more need for brokenness and heartache
What He said is good
Right all along
Sensitive yet strong
Broken but unbreakable
And he was wrong to idolize my body
Cage me into his perfection
Painted a beautiful picture of farce
I was wrong to put him in the center
And let him slowly strip me of identity
Without knowing until it was already done
It all happened so slowly
Constantly sacrificing my happiness for his own
Believing it would all turn around
Until all I stood for was denied
Invalidated and seen as worthless
Foolishly I believed
Bought into the big lie that he was "the one"
His vision was his own lust
My name was its label
Never loving for what was,
But what he could make me into
The perfect mother figure
The perfect model fiance
The perfect intellectual
The prefect teacher for his school
The perfect one in bed
He saw what God called beautiful
Put his own label saying "not good enough"
The three that followed were attempts to remedy
What only God and I can fix
Lack of patience blinded me to what was
The broken status of my heart
And though I am in a tunnel
I am nearing its end as light gets brighter and brighter
Each day passing
Leading me into the strength and wholeness
Known before the train wreck of him ever occurred
Completely content in the skin He's given
And the path He's given me to tread though not entirely visible
Alone now for a purpose
While keeping my ear to His heart
No comments:
Post a Comment