Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Freedom...

What a great day it has been thus far. As I've been praying for the last week or so is an increase of faith and well, He's delivered. Coming to grips with all that has gone down in this past season and accepting what is was initially disheartening He's definitely given a sis a lot of peace. Yesterday I realized that my greatest enemy is doubt. But ya know what? God gave me something. Every time I started to doubt something He's spoken about in my life He'd tell me to pray for an increase in faith. Like rock beats scissors, faith beats the doubt that would cut His promises out.

So what's in this new season? Well, aside from listening to "Smile" by R. Swift ft. J.R., there's a lot on the horizon. This summer starting in July, a friend of mine and I are going to start surveying the land so to speak. I knew when I moved to MD, that this was just a point along the road with Him. I knew that I wouldn't be living here for good. There are two places in particular that we're going to visit California and North Carolina. After talking for a long time Sunday evening after about an hour and half of listening to and singing to all different kinds of worship and praise music in my room, I asked her if she felt like she was supposed to be in MD for the rest of her life. She said no and that she knew her time here in MD was coming to an end soon. I then told her the two places that have been laid on my heart, CA and NC. And strangely enough, (God you're so funny ;) they were the same two places that were on her heart. So with His leading, we're going to make two trips this summer and see where He would lead us together. In July we're driving down to NC to check out a few places and pray and then in August we'll be flying over to CA to do the same to pray and discern His will. Call it a faith walk. And I'm not exactly sure, but I think wherever is next will be my home base from here on out. By home base, I mean the place He will set His roots in through me for the family, career and all the other things He'd do and bring about for His glory and kingdom. And ya know what, I'm not worried in the least bit. Heck, I'm excited! He knows I like adventure and that I'm willing to go wherever He leads.

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I was praying about where to go next and the Lord kept repeating "You know your going to go to _____, right?" Like that suspense, don't ya ;) Yeah, I believe I've heard where I'm to go, but it's not yet time to reveal that.

As for going to India, it's an amazing opportunity, but it's not for me to cease yet. I know He wants to do a deep work in me and I don't want to rush that. I've done that in the past and it's only come back to bite me hard in the butt. And I'm tired of having a sore bottom. So, rather than putting all my prayer and attention into preparing for India; I'm giving Him the time and space He's requested to do the full work/restoration He desires to do in me. This time is crucial.

And what am I going to do after graduating? Teaching seems to be on the horizon for at least a year if not two. I've come to realize that He'll always have me teaching in some way or another. It's not something I noticed before, but He's continually put me in that position. Call it an indirect epiphany of sorts, but I've come to realize I actually love it! Getting involved with the high school youth group at my church has exploded a lot of myths I had about growing old and interacting with youth. Next spring, I'm going to work on getting certified to teach high school English. There are a few reasons why I think He's leading me in this direction and I'll write more indepthly about them as things unfold. He's already been giving me some pretty cool ideas to implement in a curriculum. Interactive media writing e.g. blogging being one of them. I don't believe it's going to be a long term career; but as I said, I think He'll always have me teaching. Since He continually opens doors and asks me to walk through them in that area. So after teaching for a while and taking time to get college debt under wraps, I'm going to go onto law school.

Wow, this is turning out to be a bit of a long post. Hope you don't mind :) On one last cool note, I received a gift from my great grandmother in NH this morning. It's an absolutely gorgeous set of matching earrings, ring, and necklace modeled after something made for Princess Diana. She sent it to my mom and asked her to pass it along to me. My mom sent a card along with it indicating that I should be treated like royalty. I've certainly never had that perspective, but it reminded me of what God has said about us (I mean you brothers and sisters in Christ). It actually brought tears of joy as I thought about it. Our Father is the King and we are all a part of His royal lineage. Infinite worth are we in His eyes. It's time to throw off all that junk that the world/enemy puts on us that says we are everything but the child of the Living King. Ya hear me? If so, let's be His kids.

1 comment:

laurafee said...

glad you are listening to God, that is such an important skill to learn. it takes some people a lifetime to learn that lesson the hard way. The Lord knows what is best for you, even if you think you do, you know? remember, if it's uncomfortable, it's probably God :)