Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Of Arrows and Water

Lack of understanding, mishearing, misstepping
I will sound the horn
When I see the enemy having his way
Call to prayer near and far
Africa to the US; California to Kenya
Lord, fight off these burning arrows
That seek to pierce my heart
Encamp Your angels around Your vineyard
For the thief has come steal, kill, and destroy
All Your beauty and glory in the vineyard
I am Your child and so is he
Help us to see past ourselves
Close all doors that let the enemy roam in our thoughts and hearts
Love, my brother, I cannot take any more arrows from thee
Please understand that our Father walks as much in you as He does in me
Yes, I love you, but it is Him that motivates this woman you said you loved
He is my witness that the motives of my heart are pure
Seek Him on this and He will prove this to be sure
Love, I know I have hurt thee most incredibly
I have cried many nights over this truth
Walls not to be scaled remaining as proof
If He blazes a trail and you somehow happen to be there
Please do not see it as unfair
I am not someone who just talks the talk, but I walk the walk
I can only live as He wills
It's the only way these waters are stilled

No comments: